ARE READY TO CARE
“Therefore encourage one another and build up each other." 1 Thessalonians 5: 11
What is Stephen Ministry?
Our congregation’s Stephen Ministry equips lay people to provide confidential, one-to-one Christian care to individuals in our congregation and community who are experiencing difficulties in their lives.
A Stephen Minister Is . . .
- A child of God who walks beside a person who is hurting.
- A congregation member with gifts for caregiving, who was carefully selected to serve in this role.
- A lay person who has received 50 hours of training in providing emotional and spiritual care.
- A caring, Christian friend who listens, cares, prays, supports, and encourages.
- Someone who will ‘be there’ for his or her care receiver, meeting faithfully for about an hour each week, for as long as there’s a need.
Stephen Ministry is Your Ministry
You play an important role in our Stephen Ministry. Here’s what you can do:
- Pray for God to bring hope and healing to hurting people through our Stephen Ministry.
- Accept care from a Stephen Minister during your time of need. God doesn’t expect you to bear your burdens alone.
- Tell a friend, neighbor, coworker, or relative who is hurting about our Stephen Ministry.
- If you are a good listener and a compassionate person, prayerfully consider becoming a Stephen Minister.
Stephen Leaders Are . . .
Trained leaders in our congregation who oversee and direct our Stephen Ministry.
If you – or someone you know – could benefit from the care of a Stephen Minister -
If you are interested in possibly becoming a Stephen Minister -
If you have any other questions about Stephen Ministry –
. . . talk with one of our Stephen Leaders.
If you would like to become a Stephen Minister or would like to receive their compassionate care, speak with Pastor Kent Harrop or Laura Park.
The Stephen Ministry logo symbolizes that we all are broken people and that it is only through the cross of Jesus that we are made whole .